Recipe for "Gold Fluffy Cake" -
Sift together into bowl:
- 2 cups sifted soft as silk
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 tsp double action B. powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup high grade shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon ext.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Medium Speed 2 min
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup unbeatened eggs (2 large)
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring of desired
Beat 2 more min
Temp: 350 degress
(Page two seems to be from a different recipe)
If neccessary, add a little water to make 1 1/2 cups juice
Bring juice to boiling, stir in 1 cup sigar, 3 tbsp cornstarch
Cook and pour over berries in pie shell. Chill about two hours. Remove from refridgerator about 20 minutes befor service and decorate with whipped cream.
Found in "Foxfire 2" edited by Eliot Wigginton. Published by Anchor Press, 1973.
-Click to enlarge photos-